Under the Security Services and Investigators Act (SSIA), individuals working in the security, investigation and locksmith services industry must be licensed by the Province of Alberta. Applicants for individual licences must meet basic licensing requirements and training qualifications before applying to receive a licence. Additional Information is available at: https://www.alberta.ca/security-service-worker-licence.aspx
Licenses are issued by the Security Programs department at the Alberta Ministry of Justice and Solicitor General. In addition to completing the training and provincial exam, applicants must submit SSIA Individual Licence Application form. The application fee is separate from the training and exam registration fees. The application form and a checklist of requirements is available at: https://www.alberta.ca/security-service-worker-licence.aspx
After Pass an Exam Successfully
- Complete all sections of the “Individual License Application” form download TYPE in PDF OR PRINT AND USE CAPITALS ONLY from Government Alberta Website or check our Download Forms Page.
- Sign both part 5 and 6 of the form
- Have a member of the police service, peace officer or commissioner of oaths employed by the police service sign the back of your passport quality photo.
- Apply and obtain an employment police information check (PIC), must include CPIC, Vulnerable sector and local database. Address for Police Background Check (you can get Same Day at this location)Police Information Check Section (14315 118 Ave NW, Edmonton, AB T5L 4S6)
- Must include photocopies of both sides of two government issued identifications (like Alberta ID, Passport, Work Permit, PR Card etc).
- Provide photocopies of proof of training certificate.
- Pay your Licence fee by Bank Draft in title to “Government of Alberta” or Make Online Payment (Click Here)
- Submit your application with appropriate fees ($100 for 2 year security license, $160 for 2 year investigator license) and all additional documents to: