Central Protection Security Training
Online Security Guard Training
Alberta Basic Security Training
This course is designed for individuals who are pursuing a career in Alberta’s private security industry and we offer the best Online Security Guard Training in Edmonton, Alberta . It may also serve as a useful refresher for experienced security professionals
The Alberta Basic Security Training (ABST) Course consists of seven (7) specific Modules instructed in an Online Security Guard Training environment over a period of forty (40) hours. The online course is professionally narrated by a certified instructor and includes a combination of videos, activities, exercises, learning journal and more. Participants must complete all modules and then a provincial exam at one of our Testing Facilities with 80% or above to receive provincial certification and apply for a Security License in Alberta. Upon completion of the Online ABST Course, participants will have a working knowledge of the Security Industry and will be able to do the following:
- Describe the specific roles and responsibilities of a Security Professional.
- Explain Federal and Provincial Legislation and Regulations in relation to the work of a Security Professional
- List and describe the knowledge and skillsets required to perform Basic Security Patrol duties.
- Understand and apply a professional and effective style of communication in order to manage and control incidents.
- Demonstrate exceptional proficiencies and accuracy in note-taking and Security Report Writing.
- Understand and articulate the process of managing an Emergency Incident / Emergency Response
- Maintain personal and professional safety and well being while working as a Security Professional.
The outcome for this program is intended to instill course participants with knowledge and skill sets in the following areas:
- Introduction to the Professional Security Industry.
- The Canadian Legal System and Security Professionals.
- Basic Security Procedures.
- Communication for Security Professionals.
- Documentation and Evidence.
- Emergency Response Procedures for Security Professionals.
- Health and Safety for Security Professionals
Length: Equivalent to 40 hours (01 Week Program)
Completion: 80% min. passing grade
Accreditation: Solicitor General
Delivery Method: In-Class & e-Learning (Online)
Fee: In-Class $249 & e-Learning (Online) $149